You are here
Banyen Events & Promotions
Throughout the year, Banyen hosts or sponsors many events. Most happen here in the store, where we have space for up to 100 people, while larger events are at other venues around town. Among the types of events we offer are:
- author readings, talks, and booksignings
- introductory talks / experiential learning sessions in a particular practice or subject
- musical or chanting events
- storytelling or poetry evenings
- book circles
- book sale tables at conferences and other allied events
Banyen has hosted over 2000 events over the past 25 years. We have hosted many celebrated authors and presenters over the years including Eckhart Tolle, Wayne Dyer, David Suzuki, don Miguel Ruiz, Deva Premal, Caroline Myss, Robert Thurman, and many others. View our highlights of past presenters page here. We also host events with local authors & healers from a wide range of disciplines.
We promote our events in a variety of ways:
- through this website
- our monthly email newsletter, Blossoming (10,000+ active subscribers)
- our Facebook page
- Branches of Light, our twice-yearly free publication reviewing new and juicy books, audios, and videos (circulation 9,000).
- Each event has a poster displayed in the store
- Banyen also prints seasonal event flyers which are available free in the store. (Several hundred people come through Banyen each day.)
- Free and paid advertising in magazines and listings
- Publishing Interviews
Please feel free to contact our Events Manager if you are interested in presenting an event with Banyen:
Jacob Steele: 604-732-4033 | firstname.lastname@example.org
(e-mail is preferred over voice mail.)
Whether you are an author, a publisher or publicist, or an inspired teacher at large, consider how Banyen might help you reach your audience and so expand the glowing networks of lovingkindness and joyful wisdom.
Blossoming email newsletter: